Cinnamon & Almond Biscuits

Have you been over indulging on gingerbread and shortbread this festive season? I know I have, but I also like to make something a little lighter to have with my morning or afternoon tea. If your looking for something festive with less of the guilt,  then give these delicious Cinnamon and Almond Biscuits a try:


I think these biscuits are my all time favorite at the moment. A batch of these are perfect to have in the cupboard and they are full of the festive Christmas flavours. I'm a huge lover of almonds and I use them a lot in my baking especially around Christmas.  The cinnamon really enhances that gorgeous almond flavour without being overpowering.


These biscuits are quick and easy to bake and require only five simple ingredients. Experiment with your almond meal; you can buy it already prepared from the supermarket or have a go at making your own by blitzing some almonds in your food processor. Consider leaving the skins on the almonds or dry roasting them first to intensify that gorgeous flavour.


I give mine a sprinkling of icing sugar to finish them off and to make them look more festive but if your looking to cut calories, then they are just as lovely without it. They store well in an air tight container for about a week and I'm guessing this would be another recipe perfect for freezing.


A plate full of these biscuits looks lovely on the table but they are also perfect to give as gifts. Pop a few in a cellophane bag, add a pretty gift tag and some ribbon and give them out to friends and family to add a little home baked goodness to their celebrations.


If you would like to try these delicious Cinnamon and Almond Biscuits then you can either download the recipe by clicking the link or right click on the image below and save it to your computer for later.



If your an almond lover like me then I'm sure you are going to love these beautiful biscuits, they will make your morning and afternoon teas a little more festive and enjoyable :)


Happy baking :)

2 comments

  1. Thank you very much, Rose. It is an other great recipe. I love almond biscuits, but I don't know wiht cinnamon. And I love try the new recipe. So, thank you very much. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rose, simple yet gorgeous and no doubt delicious. Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family. Guida

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊